amaranth yogurt parfait recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
healthy and nutritious parfait made with popped amaranth, yogurt, honey, fruits & dryfruits.
- ½ cup full fat fresh curd/yogurt or as required
- 1 small muskmelon/honey dew melon
- 1 medium sized ripe sweet mango
- 10-12 cashews
- 15-16 golden raisins
- 5 to 6 dry figs
- 2 tbsp amaranth seeds
- honey as required
- heat a pan till its hot. add 1 or 2 tbsp of the amaranth and allow them to pop with the method mentioned in the post above.
- remove the popped amaranth from the pan and keep aside.
- peel and chop the mango and the honey dew melon.
- roast the cashews in the same pan till golden. keep aside.
- chop the dry figs and keep aside.
- layer the glass or individual serving bowls with 1 or 2 tbsp yogurt.
- drizzle ½ to 1 tsp honey or as required on the yogurt.
- then make a layer of the fruits.
- add the dry fruits and again drizzle honey.
- layer with some of the popped amaranth.
- then again drizzle with some honey. repeat the same layers.
- serve the amaranth yogurt parfait immediately.
you can add your own choice of fruits and dry fruits. the recipe can be doubled or tripled.