Recipe type: Main
Sumptuous cheese corn balls served with buttered parsley rice, glazed vegetables topped with a red wine flavoured tomato sauce. You can serve pasta instead of the rice if you prefer.
- For The Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1½ cups blanched and finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup red wine (optional)
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- For The Buttered Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice (chawal)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- For The Cheese Corn Balls
- ¾ cup sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) , boiled and crushed
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 to 2 green chillies , chopped
- 4 tbsp grated processed cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients (for The Cheese Corn Balls)
- ¼ cup plain flour (maida) to coat the cheese corn balls
- bread crumbs to coat the cheese corn balls
- oil for deep-frying
- For The Glazed Vegetables
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup boiled mixed vegetables
- 1½ tbsp butter
- salt and to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tbsp oil mixed with 1 tablespoon
- For the tomato cream sauce
- Heat the olive oil, add the garlic and onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chilli flakes, tomato purée, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream. Mix well and keep aside.
- For the buttered rice
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, parsley and salt and toss well.
- Keep aside.
- For the cheese corn balls
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and keep stirring till the mixture becomes very thick and leaves the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
- Add the crushed corn, celery, green chillies, cheese and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape into even sized balls.
- Mix ¼ cup of flour with water to make a thin paste. Dip the corn balls into the paste. Roll into breadcrumbs. Keep refrigerated.
- When you want to serve, deep fry them in oil till they are golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- For the glazed vegetables
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan, add the onions, salt and sauté till the onions have turned light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the vegetables and sauté them over a slow flame for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well and keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot. Then place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Place half the cheese corn balls on one side of a hot sizzler plate.
- Place half of the buttered rice in the centre of the plate.
- Top with half the tomato cream sauce and place the caramelized vegetables and onions on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture on the sides the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.