Recipe type: Appetiser
paneer pakora – gram flour coated cottage cheese fritters.
- 125-150 gms paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 cup besan/gram flour
- a pinch of turmeric powder/haldi
- a generous pinch of red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- a generous pinch of garam masala powder
- ½ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- ⅔ to ¾ cup water or as required
- salt as required
- mustard oil for deep frying
- some chaat masala for sprinkling
- in a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients, except paneer and oil.
- make a smooth lump free thick flowing batter.
- chop the paneer into cubes.
- heat mustard oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- dip each paneer cube in the batter and coat the cubes with the batter.
- gently drop the batter coated paneer cubes into medium hot oil.
- deep fry the paneer pakoras till crisp and golden.
- drain paneer pakoras on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- serve hot paneer pakoras sprinkled lightly with some chaat masala with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
you can adjust the spice quantity as per your taste. i have made the pakoras mildly spiced