Pineapple raita recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
pineapple raita - sweet yogurt raita with pineapple and pomegranate.
- 2.5 cups curd/yogurt
- 2 cups chopped fresh sweet pineapple
- 1 red chili powder/cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder/jeera powder
- 2-3 tsp sugar or add more for more sweetness
- ½ or ¾ cup pomegranate
- a few coriander leaves for garnishing
- black salt or rock salt
- whip the curd till its smooth.
- add the spice powders, sugar and salt to the curd.
- mix well.
- add the chopped pineapple and half of the pomegranate seeds
- reserve the other half for garnishing
- chill the pineapple raita before serving.
- garnish the pineapple raita with the remaining pomegranate and chopped coriander leaves.