Andhra Upma Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
Learn how to make Andhra Upma recipe at home. Everyone's preference for the breakfast is this Andhra Upma. It is blend of some good vegetables and healthy nutrition. If you find this Andhra Upma recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Andhra Upma recipe, so that any one can make this Andhra Upma very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- 1 cup Rava / Sooji (Semolina)
- 25 gms fried Cashew Nuts (optional)
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 Green Chillies slit sideways
- 1 Potato chopped
- 1 Capsicum chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- ¼ cup Green Peas frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Daal
- 1 tsp Channa Daal
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Chili powder to taste (optional)
- 2 tblsp Oil
- Few curry leaves
- Finely chopped corianderleaves
- 1 tblsp Ghee
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sift rava through a muslin / cheese cloth or very fine sieve.
- Heat 1tbsp. pure ghee / unsalted butter and fry rava ,on a moderate heat, stiring constantly to light brown color and set aside.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
- Add the dals : channa & urad & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn red.
- Add onion, ginger and green chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Now add 3 cups of water and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until the vegetables are done.
- Add the fried rava to it stirring constantly till it becomes little thick.
- Take off from the heat and lemon juice if desired.