Recipe type: Breakfast
A novel way of presenting a dosa. Spongy and soft.
- 1½ cups rice (chawal)
- ⅓ cup urad dal (split black lentils)
- 2 pinches fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 3 bananas
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- ghee or butter for frying
- Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds for at least 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain and grind to a fine paste.
- Add a little warm water and salt. The dosa mixture should be like a thick white sauce. Keep aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Mash the bananas. Add to the dosa mixture. Add the green chillies and sugar.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and heat.
- Spread the mixture in small rounds about 50 mm. (2") diameter. Put a little ghee around the sides of the rounds and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn and cook again.
- Serve hot with chutney.