Bendakaya Sambar Andhra Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Bendakaya Sambar Andhra recipe at home. Bendakaya Sambar Andhra is a special and tasty Andhra recipe. This traditional Bendakaya Sambar Andhra is simple and easy. The preparation of Bendakaya Sambar Andhra recipe is given below. If you find this Bendakaya Sambar Andhra recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Bendakaya Sambar Andhra recipe, so that any one can make this Bendakaya Sambar Andhra very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Kandi pappu (yellow lentils / toor daal): ½ cup
- Bendakaya – 1 cup
- Onions chopped – ½ cup
- Tomato chopped – ½ cup
- Green chillies-2
- Chilli Pwd - ½ spoon
- Jaggry or sugar – pinch
- Tamarind – 1piece
- Turmeric - ½ spoon
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
- Split urd dal-1/2tsp
- Curry leaves- 10
- Coriander leaves chopped – ¼ cup
- Pressures cook the washed and soaked kandi pappu with required water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Smash the kandi pappu with spoon, when the pressure becomes less.
- Heat a pan with oil, add seasoning ingredients, Turmeric, Asafoetida and fry till they pop.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, chilli and Bendakaya pieces fry for two minutes.
- Then add the cooked kandi pappu and add require amount of water.
- Add chilli powder, Tamarind, Jaggry or sugar and salt.
- Cook for 10 to 15 mints on simmer, finally add coriander leaves and leave for few seconds and serve Bendakaya Sambar Andhra hot.