Recipe type: Breakfast
This a quick healthy breakfast recipe-good source of protein!
- Salt To Taste
- Oil 1 Teaspoons
- Mushrooms-sliced 4 Numbers
- Cilantro-chopped 2 Tablespoons
- Onion-chopped ½ Numbers
- Egg White 2 Numbers
- Slice Of Brown Bread 1 Slice
- Black Pepper-freshly Ground To Taste
- Corriander Powder ½ Teaspoons
- In a bowl, whisk together egg whites, onions, salt, pepper and corriander powder. Then mix in the chopped cilantro and sliced mushrooms. 2. Coat a non-stick pan with some oil lightly with the help of a piece of paper towel soaked in minimal oil. After it is hot, pour the egg mixture slowly. 3. Let it cook on medium flame for about 1 minute. 4. Toast the slice of bread lightly. Dip one side of the sliced bread in the wet (upper) part of the omelette. Keep the bread aside and let omelette cook for another minute or so. 5. Pour few drops of remaining oil all around the edges of the omelette. 6. Then place the bread slice (dipped side up) on the top of the omelette. 7. With a large spatula, flip the omelette with the bread slice carefully such that the wet side of the bread faces down on the pan directly. 8. Let it cook well for another 2 minutes, pressing gently with the spatula until done to desired level (I prefer well-done with crispy edges). 9. Garnish with few twigs of fresh cilantro and serve hot by itself or with some tomato ketchup and hot masala chai!