Brown Sugar Buttermilk Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk, plus more if necessary
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients all at once. Whisk just to combine; batter may still contain some small lumps. If batter is very stiff, add a little more buttermilk to loosen.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto preheated griddle or electric skillet (at 325 F). Flip pancakes when small bubbles appear in the surface and cooked side is golden brown.
- Keep pancakes warm in 175 F oven until ready to serve.