Coconut and Date Topping On Bread
Recipe type: Breakfast
This is for the people with sweet tooth.This type of topping can be prepared in advance and can be stored in fridge and can be used when required.
- 4 bread slices, cut into circles
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ¾ cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp almond powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
- 7 to 8 dates , finely chopped
- golden syrup for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan and add coconut and fry for few seconds till its dry smell goes off.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- To it add milk powder, bread crumbs, almond powder, sugar and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Lastly add the date pieces and mix well.
- Take the bread slices cut to rounds and spread the prepared topping and serve garnished with golden syrup.