Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 to 6
A novel snack with the aroma of fresh leaves.
- 6 tender corncobs
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp semolina (rava)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp baking soda or fruit salt
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- melted butter and Green Chutney for serving
- Grate the corn. To the grated corn, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the banana leaves into small squares.
- Apply a little oil to the banana or corn leaves. Spread a little mixture on each leaf portion and put another greased leaf on top.
- Cook on a tawa (griddle) until light brown spots appear on top.
- Serve hot with melted butter and green chutney.