French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
Recipe type: Breakfast
An amazing breakfast or snack recipe, the delicious egg based French toast cheddar sandwiches are a great source of proteins and enegry. The bread slices are buttered, topped with cheddar cheese slices and then dipped in an egg mixture . These French toast are then shallow fried till brown and enjoyed with ketchup.
- 2 large sized eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 slices bread
- 4 tsp prepared mustard
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tbsp butter
- Beat 2 eggs slightly in a shallow bowl and add milk and salt; set aside.
- Spread 8 slices of white bread out on a working surface. spread one side of four slices lightly with prepared mustard.
- Place cheddar cheese slices on 4 slices.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread with 4 teaspoons butter and place on top of the other bread, butter side down.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides. allow the excess egg mixture to drain. cook over low heat until browned. turn and brown the other side.
- Serve with any dip, tomato sauce, green chutney etc.