Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Apple Dressing
Recipe type: Breakfast
This innovative melange of fruit and vegetables is generously laced with iron, which maintains normal blood circulation, helping to improve nerve impulses that might otherwise deteriorate as diabetes progresses.
- ½ cup cucumber cubes
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup papaya cubes
- 1 cup lettuce, torn into pieces
- ½ cup capsicum cubes
- ¼ cup sliced avocado (optional)
- For the apple dressing (to be blended to a smooth purée)
- ¾ cup apple cubes, with the skin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Just before serving add the apple dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.