Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 lbs. apples (the sweeter the apple the better)
- 1.5 cups apple cider (no added sugar)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A big slice of lemon peel
- Peel, core, and cut apples into hearty chunks (aka about 8 pieces).
- Place apples, cider, cinnamon and lemon peel into a medium to large heavy bottom pot. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally to help break down the apples.
- Shut off the heat and use the back of a wooden spoon to break down apples to desired consistency.