Recipe type: Breakfast
Learn how to make Idli recipe at home. The Most popular south indian breakfast. If you find this Idli recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Idli recipe, so that any one can make this Idli very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 3 Cups Idli Rava
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and Soak Dal in a bowl about 3 hours. Wash Idli rava 3-4 times.Pour some water allow it to soak for 2 hours.
- Grind Urad dal to a smooth thick paste by using water. (the dough should drop from the scoop)
- Take the dough into a big deep vessal.
- Drain all the water out from the Idli Rava.
- Put Rava into Idli dough,add salt,and Mix well.
- Then cover the bowl na dkeep it a warm place.Leave it for 7-8 hours.
- Once it fermented,it is ready to make idlis.You can make idlis any time.Rest of the dough you can keep in the refrigirator.
- Take idli stand grease idli plates with ghee or oil,pour the dough into idli plates with a big spoon.
- put idli stand ina steamer,cook 20-25 mins.
- Check idlis with wet hand it should not stick to your hand.
- idlis are ready.Serve hot with Sambhar,coconut chutney,ginger chutney.