Jain Spicy Corn Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
This is a cheesy spicy corn recipe which can be served at any time of the day,can even be served as a starter.
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1" block cheddar cheese
- ¼ medium green capsicum , chopped
- 1 green chili
- ¼ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- dried basil for sprinkling
- salt to taste
- Boil the sweet corn for 4-5 minutes and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the sweet corn with half the cheese and the other ingredients except capsicum and bread and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- On a tava, toast the bread slice on one side.
- On the toasted side of the bread,spread a layer of the sweet corn cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with some chopped green pepper and grated cheese.
- Toast the other side of bread ,covering it with a lid this time to melt the cheese.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.