Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Minis
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 jalapeños, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices bread
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Great Midwest Jalapeño Jack
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place jalapeño onto the prepared baking sheet, cut side down. Place into oven and roast just until the skin has blackened, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before peeling off the skin.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Spread ½ tbsp. butter over 1 side of each bread slice. Turn the slices over and spread ½ tbsp. cream cheese on each slice. Top with roasted jalapeño, 2 slices bacon and jalapeño jack, and then top with another slice of bread, buttered side up, to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining slices of bread to make 4 sandwiches.
- Place sandwich in pan and grill, flipping once, until bread is golden and filling is heated through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve immediately.