Mixed Dal Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
A breakfast recipe.
- 1 cup rice (chawal)
- 1 cup par-boiled rice (ukda chawal)
- ¼ cup urad dal (split black lentils)
- ¼ cup toovar (arhar) dal
- ¼ cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 2 tbsp moong dal (split green gram)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 to 3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 2 chopped onions
- 5 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Soak the rice and dals for at least 2-3 hours, keep aside. Grind it together with red chillies and fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, mix well and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and coriander and mix well.
- Add little water to make it to slightly running consistency slightly thicker than the dosa batter.
- Heat the flat griddle or tawa , take one ladle full and spread the batter as we do for dosa.
- Drizzle little oil and once it is cooked turn to other side and cook till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney