Recipe type: Breakfast
The secret of this savoury pancakes is the use of ragi flour spiced with ginger and green chillies.
- 1 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 1 tbsp soya flour
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- ½ cup grated onions
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- ½ cup chopped corriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- To serve
- Carrot Garlic Chutney
- In a bowl, combine the ragi flour, soya flour, sesame seeds, onions, green chillies, ginger, coriander and salt and mix well with a little water to make a smooth loose dough. Divide into 6 portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with a little oil.
- Wet your fingers and spread an even layer of one portion of the dough to make a 125 mm. (5") round.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter to make 5 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with the carrot garlic chutney.