Recipe type: Breakfast
- Ghee 1 Tablespoons
- Hing ½ Pinch
- Jeera 1 Teaspoons
- Ginger(Mashed) - Less Than Half Piece ½ Slice
- Green Chillies 2 Numbers
- Moong Dal 1 Cup
- Oats 1 and ½ Cup
- Salt 1 To Taste
- Pepper Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Boil moong dal in cooker and after 3 -4 whistles switch off the stove.
- Open the lid of the cooker and switch it on again.
- Now add Oats to boiling moong dal and add salt according to your taste.
- Let them boil for 10min and simmer the stove.
- Meanwhile take a small pan,add ghee to it.
- Now add jeera,hing,chillies,ginger,curry leaves,pepper powder and let it fry and add this to oats and moongdal mixture.
- Oats Pongal is ready to serve. Make sure that its not very thick.