Paneer Masala Bread
Recipe type: Breakfast
Nothing beats the aroma of fresh bread baking in the oven…except the aroma of fresh bread combined with tantalizing spices baking in the oven. This Eggless Paneer Masala Bread recipe is a feast of the eyes, nose and tastebuds, yet so easy to make. Your family, friends and neighbors will be running over to see what’s cooking!
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Rapid Rise Yeast – 1½ tsp (see note below if using Dry Active Yeast)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Kosher Salt – 1½ tsp
- Olive Oil – ⅓ cup
- All-Purpose Flour (Maida) – 3 cups (plus little extra for dusting)
- Paneer – 7 oz (200 g or 1½ cups), crumbled
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pickled Jalapenos – ½ cup, chopped finely (click here for recipe) Nacho Jalapenos can also be substituted.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Warm Water, Yeast, Sugar, Salt and Olive Oil. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine above mixture (a little at a time) with All-Purpose Flour and knead into a soft dough. Once dough comes together, knead for 4 to 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Additional flour can be used for dusting to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Combine crumbled Paneer, Turmeric Powder, Dry Mango Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Salt and Pickled Jalapenos. Mix gently so that paneer doesn’t get mashed.
- On a rolling surface, roll out dough into a rectangular shape (approx 9 inch by 13 inch).
- Spread Paneer mixture evenly over the dough all the way to the edges and gently press in.
- From the side closest to you, start rolling the dough tightly into a log.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9″x13″ baking pan and place dough log in the center.
- Loosely cover with a damp kitchen towel and place pan in a warm place for 1 hour to allow dough to rise.
- Take a serrated knife and make shallow diagonal slits into the top of the dough.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232C) and then reduce temperature to 425 degrees F (218C).
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Every oven is different so please keep an eye on it towards the end of the cooking period.
- Remove bread from oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove bread from pan and place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before cutting or serving.
- Cool completely before storing.
If using Dry Active Yeast, use same amount. Proof the yeast by adding it with sugar to warm water and allowing it to rest for 5-10 minutes, until foamy. Knead dough and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour. Roll out the dough, spread the filling, roll it into a log and the allow it to rise again for 1 additional hour. All other steps are the same.