Sesame Bagel with Cucumber and Sour Cream
Recipe type: Breakfast
Don’t underestimate the humble sandwich! choosing the right breads and stuffing can result in rather exotic creations such as the sesame bagel with cucumber and sour cream. While the same dish can be prepared with burger buns, using sesame bagels gives it a brilliant aroma and flavour.
- 4 sesame burger buns or bagels , lightly buttered
- 2 cucumbers , sliced
- 8 thin slices paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp dill (shepu / suva bhaji) leaves
- salt and to taste
- For The Sour Cream
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut each bagel into two horizontally and place a large lettuce leaf on one half of the bread.
- Spread a layer of sour cream on the lettuce.
- Top with a few slices of cucumber followed by 2 slices of paneer.
- Sprinkle some dill leaves, salt and freshly ground pepper and sandwich with the other half of the bagel.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients and bagel to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.