tomato omelette recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
tomato omelette – a delicious vegetarian omelette made with gram flour, tomatoes, onions and indian herbs & spices
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 2 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ or ½ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- a pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- a pinch of garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1.5 to 2 cups water
- salt as required
- sunflower oil as required for cooking the omelette
- mix all the ingredients together, except oil.
- make a medium consistency batter.
- heat a tava or a flat pan.
- smear some oil, about 1 tsp on the pan.
- with a large spoon pour the batter on the pan.
- spread it lightly with the back of the spoon.
- the technique is like the way we make pancakes.
- you can even rotate and tilt the pan.
- add some oil drops on the edges & top of the omelette.
- flip and cook the other side.
- cook the tomato omelette till both sides are cooked.
- serve tomato omelette with brown bread or buns and some coriander chutney or tomato sauce.