ANDE KI PIYOSI Custard For Kings and Queens
Recipe type: Dessert
Ande ki piyosi is a super variation of simple caramel custard made with combining khoya, eggs, sugar, almonds together and flavoured with cardamom and baked until done. It’s a rich and very enticing sweet dessert. This recipe comes from the Royal cuisines of Hyderabad.
- Cardamom Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter 2 Tablespoons
- Eggs 5 Numbers
- Almond Powder ¼ Cup
- Grated Khoya 250 Grams
- Sugar 250 Grams
- Saffron Colour (optional)
- Firstly in a bowl separate the egg whites and yolks. Whisk the yolks adding little by little sugar until it get creamy. In this mixture.
- add almond powder, cardamom powder and ghee. Whisk this mixture well.
- Add khoya (pass the khoya mixture through a sieve so that it is nice and fine). Whisk this mixture again and keep aside. Beat the egg whites.
- add a tablespoon of sugar and whisk again. Beat well until they form peaks.
- Now add the first mixture to the egg whites mixture and gently mix. Grease a baking tray with ghee and pour the mixture in the baking tray. 6. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (125 degree C) and bake for around 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, check, remove and cool. Cut them into desired shape and serve.