Recipe type: Dessert
Making your own homemade Fruit Tart is easier than you think. Try this light and delicious recipe for your next get-together. With so many fruits, you can’t feel guilty while indulging in this heavenly dessert.
- Puff Pastry Sheet – 1
- For the Filling:
- Cream Cheese – 6 oz
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla – 1.5 tsp
- For the Topping: (Choice of Fruits)
- Strawberries – hulled and halved
- Bananas – sliced
- Kiwi – sliced
- Mandrin Oranges – canned
- Pineapples – sliced
- Grapes – cut in half
- For the Glaze:
- Orange Juice – 6 tbsp (For a milder citrus flavor, use 3 Tbsp juice and 3 Tbsp Water)
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Salt – pinch
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch – 2 tsp
- Orange Zest – ¼ tsp
- Thaw Puff Pastry according to package directions. (Preheat oven to 400F/204C)
- On a floured surface, roll out one sheet into a thin rectangle (9x13in). With a fork, gently perforate the pastry to prevent it from ballooning up.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes until evenly golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- For the filling, add Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla in a bowl. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Keep aside.
- For the glaze, add all ingredients (except the Orange Zest) in a pan on medium heat. Whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Keep whisking for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add in Orange Zest. Keep aside to cool.
- When everything has cooled, spread the Cream Cheese mixture evenly on the Puff Pastry.
- Arrange all the fruits so that every piece has a little of each fruit.
- With a pastry brush, cover the entire tart with the glaze.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.
- Serves approx 8-10