Ginger Cardamom Tea (Chai)
Recipe type: Drinks
There are many different ways of making tea – hot tea, iced tea, with lemon, with milk, with masala, and more! Here is an aromatic version made with spicy ginger and sweet cardamom – the desi way!
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 tsp, grated or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Cardamom – 2 whole, pounded or ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Sugar – to taste
- Tea – 2 tsp
- In a small pot, add water and grated ginger. Allow it to come to a boil.
- Add in milk and again allow it to come to a boil, stirring in between.
- Stir in tea leaves and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Turn off stove, add cardamom powder, cover and allow tea to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar to taste.
If you prefer a stronger (kadak) tea, allow it to boil a little longer. Tea bags may also be used in place of tea leaves.