How to make Panna (Raw Mango Drink) –
Recipe type: Drinks
Panna is a refreshing Raw Mango Drink that is just perfect to beat the summer heat. It has a wonderful balance of flavors – sweet, sour and savory. Try this recipe for an amazing alternative to boring sodas
- Raw Green Mango – 1 large
- Water – 4 cups
- Green Chili – 1 or to taste
- Mint Leaves – handful
- Jaggery – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Peel Mango and cut into big pieces. Reserve few peels for flavoring.
- Add Mango, few peels and Water to pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles and switch off stove.
- Once pressure is gone, open lid, remove peels and stir in Jaggery to dissolve.
- Allow mangos and water to cool until luke warm.
- Roughly chop Mint Leaves and Green Chili and grind to a paste in a small grinder.
- Once the mangos have cooled, grind them in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Add in Mint/Chili Paste, Chaat Masala, Roasted Cumin Powder and Salt. Blend once again to mix all the ingredients well.
- Chill Panna in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serves 4-5