Recipe type: Drinks
Watermelons are ideal for those on a low calorie diet as more than 75% of the fruit consists of water and it is really low in calories (1 cup = 25 calories). The fruit also contains appreciable amounts of protein and iron. It's a great cooler for warm afternoons.
- 3 cups watermelon (tarbuj), cut into small pieces
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- 3 tbsp low fat milk
- Blend the watermelon pieces in a liquidiser to a smooth purée.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow freezer proof container and freeze until it is firm (approx. 2 hours).
- Blend the mixture in a liquidiser till it is slushy.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.