Milk Cake (Eggless Dessert)
Recipe type: Dessert
Perfect for the holidays and a one step dessert – can life really get better than this? Milk Cake is a recipe that is simple and easy and yet has the look that you’ve probably slaved over the dish for hours 😉 ! The combination of the raisins, dates and the cranberries and a great suprise element in the creamy milky flavor of the ricotta. Did we mention that it’s eggless?
- Ricotta Cheese – 15oz / 425gm
- Semolina/Suji – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Golden Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Dried Cranberries – 1 tbsp
- Cashews – 1 tbsp, broken
- Pre-heat Oven to 450F / 230C.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix and allow the Sugar to melt and combine.
- Grease an oven-proof 6″X6″ pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Place the pan in the pre-heated Oven in the middle of the oven and in the middle of the rack.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes till the edges get a little brown color.
- Take out of the oven and allow the Cake to rest for 15 minutes.
- Flip the Cake out of the pan and cut into small pieces.
- Serve warm.