MOONG DAAL HALWA
Recipe type: Dessert
A perfect, mouth-watering, aromatic shiny and pretty Moong Dal Halwa loaded with lots of protein and calcium, made with yellow split moong dal, ghee, sugar and flavoured with cardamom powder.
- Dry Fruits (cashew Nuts, Almonds, Raisins) ¼ Cup
- Cardamom Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Sugar 1½ Cup
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter 1 Cup
- Hot Water As Needed
- Yellow Split Moong Dal 1 Cup
- Grated Khoya ¼ Cup
- Wash and soak the moong dal in enough water overnight. Drain water completely and add to blender and grind to make coarse paste. Do not add water while making the dal paste.
- Heat a pan on low to medium heat, add ghee and dal paste and cook the dal for atleast one hour on a low flame stirring continuously it gets a nice golden colour and the ghee starts to leave from the dal.
- Add hot water (helps in puffing and softening the dry moong dal) and add sugar and mix well.
- Cook well till the sugar melts. Add dry fruits, grated Khoya and stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the ghee is leaving out the moong dal, finally add some cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.