Oat Bran Muffins
Recipe type: Dessert
Everyone can use a little more fiber in their diets but fiber doesn’t have to be thick and yucky. Meet fiber in the form of a delicious Oat Bran Muffin! Just one of these healthy muffins is a great way to start your morning as well as get your daily dose of fiber. Try this yummy recipe today!
- Oat Bran – 2½ cups
- Baking Soda – 2 tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
- Milk – 1 cup
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Eggs – 2 large
- Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup (1/4 cup if you are watching your sugar)
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Ripe Bananas – 2, mashed
- In a bowl, whisk together Milk, Oil, Eggs, Yogurt, Brown Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon Powder and Vanilla.
- Mix in mashed Bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Oat Bran, Walnuts, and Baking Soda.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into a muffin tray coated with oil.
- Bake for approximately 20 – 22 minutes at 350 F (180 C) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
Oat Bran Muffins don’t rise as much as regular muffins so you can fill the muffin tray all the way to the top.