Beef and snow pea stir-fry with easy fried rice
Recipe type: easy recipe spl
Vibrant snow peas add crunch to this tasty Chinese-style stir-fry.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup Changs oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 750g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 1 quantity Easy fried rice, to serve (see related recipe)
- Combine soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl. Heat a large wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry beef, in 3 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add brown onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Return beef and any juices to wok. Add green onion, cabbage, snow peas and soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with Easy fried rice.