Fresh Strawberry Jam
Recipe type: Appetiser
The best time to make homemade jams is when any particular fruit is in season. Since strawberries are bright red, juicy and sweet about now, let’s make fresh homemade strawberry jam. It is easier than you think and a blessing to know what actually goes into your strawberry jam recipe.
- Ripe Strawberries – 16 oz, washed and hulled
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Coarsely food process strawberries for a chunky jam or blend for a smooth texture.
- Add strawberries, sugar and lime juice into a medium saucepan and mix well.
- Cook on medium/high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes (until all white bubbles disappear). Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat allow to cool for a few minutes.
- While still warm, transfer jam to a clean and dry plastic or glass jar. Allow jam to cool completely before covering and storing in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.