Fried brown rice
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
This healthy fried rice is a smart way to make sure your kids eat their vegies.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- ¼ red cabbage, hard core removed, finely shredded
- 200g (2 cups) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 545g (3 cups) cooked long-grain brown rice, cooled
- 1 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- Green shallot, extra, to serve
- Chilli sauce, optional, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add ginger and shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add capsicum and cabbage and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Add the rice, soy sauce and kecap manis and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the rice is heated through. Divide among serving bowls. Top with extra shallot and serve with chilli sauce, if desired.