Penne Pasta, Italian Vegetarian Recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
This great Penne Pasta dish is a sure fire hit with the whole family. The colors and the texture in the dish make it very appealing and inviting. The part that we love the most is that it is not masked with sauces and it allows you to enjoy the true flavor. Pair it with some Garlic Bread and you are off to a great meal…
- Penne Pasta – 16 oz (approx 500 g)
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 4 large cloves, roughly chopped
- Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Crushed Chili Flakes – to taste
- Onion – 1 large, sliced
- Bell Pepper – 2, sliced (your choice of color)
- Sun Dried Tomato in Oil – ¼ cup, chopped
- Artichokes Hearts in Oil – ½ cup, sliced
- Tomato – 1 large, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Fresh Basil – for garnishing
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese – for garnishing
- Toasted Pine nuts – 1 tbsp
- Boil the Pasta with water and salt and cook them as per package directions AL Dante.
- Once cooked, drain and keep aside.
- In a wok style pan, add in the Olive Oil and the Garlic and heat over medium flame.
- Once warm, add in the Italian Seasoning by rubbing it between your palms.
- Add in Crushed Red Chilli Flakes to taste. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the Onions, mix and allow them to cook for a minute.
- Add in the sliced Bell Peppers and mix well.
- Increase the flame to high and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add Salt, Artichokes and Sun Dried Tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in the chopped Tomatoes cook for another minute.
- Add in the Pasta and start mixing again.
- Also add in the Lemon Juice and cook till the Pasta is heated all the way through.
- Last but not the least, garnish with torn up Basil Leaves, Pine Nuts & Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve hot with some Garlic bread.