Pizza Dip – A Perfect Party Appetizer
Recipe type: Appetiser
For the holidays and for parties, we always need recipes that can be made ahead and kept aside. Make this Pizza Dip ahead of time and bake it right before you are ready to serve it. You’ll have your family and guests licking their fingers. It is also perfect for the winter season when you want a warm dip to compensate for the cold outside. And it’s cheese…who does not like cheese?
- Cream Cheese
- Spaghetti Sauce/ Pizza Sauce/ Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Canned Sliced Mushrooms
- Sliced Jalapenos Peppers
- Sliced Black Olives
- (or any other pizza topping you prefer)
- Allow the Cream Cheese to come to room temperature.
- Choose a oven safe dish to bake and serve the Pizza Dip.
- Spread a layer of Cream Cheese at the bottom of the dish (approx ¼ to ½ inch thick)
- Spread the sauce (Marinara / Spaghetti / Pizza Sauce) evenly over the cream cheese .
- Top the sauce with a layer of Mozzarella (or Pizza) Cheese.
- The next layer is your choice of Meats (cooked) or Vegetables (canned Mushrooms, Onions, Bell Pepper, Olives, Jalapenos etc)
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Look for the cheese to melt and start bubbling and a few brown spots.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.