Tawa Gobi – Pan Seared Cauliflower
Recipe type: Appetiser
Want to give bland, boring Cauliflower (Gobi) a face lift? Try this delicious recipe for Tawa Gobi — the quick and easy answer to cauliflower with a kick!
- Cauliflower – cut to bite size florets
- Oil – for coating cauliflower and for pan searing
- Red Chili Powder
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- Chat Masala
- Onion – optional, sliced
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) for garnishing
- Rinse Cauliflower florets with water and lightly salt them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave cauliflower until half-cooked (approx 3 minutes).
- Drizzle a little oil on the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle Red Chili Powder and additional salt if required.
- Drizzle Oil in a non-stick skillet and caramelize the cauliflower – lightly pressing it as you cook.
- Drizzle a little oil in the skillet and caramelize the onion slices – adding salt to them at the end.
- Arrange the onions on a plate and top with cauliflower pieces.
- Sprinkle Dry Mango Powder, Red Chili Powder and Chat Masala to taste.
- Garnish with Cilantro (coriander leaves).
- Serve hot.