Vegetable Cutlets Recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
Try this versatile recipe for vegetable cutlets. These vegetable cutlets can be jazzed up with chutney or ketchup and served as appetizers. Alternatively, make them a little bigger and place them between a bun for a fantastic veggie burger! Enjoy these wonderful cutlets sometimes also called – Tikkis, patties, tikkiya…!
- Potatoes – 2 medium (300 g), boiled and shredded
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (250 g) – peas, carrots, green beans, corn, etc
- Paneer – 3-4oz (100 g)
- Onions – ¼ medium (75 g), chopped very fine
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves) – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Dried Apricots – 2, chopped finely
- Assorted Nuts – 1 heaping Tbsp (example: walnuts, pine nuts, peanuts, etc)
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp or to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Bread Crumbs – for coating
- Oil – for pan frying
- Put the Mixed Vegetables in a food processor and pulse them so as to not make a paste.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Do the same with the Paneer and pour into a bowl.
- Into the bowl, add in Potatoes, Onions, Green Chillies, Cilantro, Mixed Nuts and Dried Apricots.
- Mix gently but well.
- Add in the dry spices: Salt, Chaat Masala, Dry Mango Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder and Red Chilli Powder.
- Again mix well but gently.
- Heat Tawa/skillet and drizzle a little Oil on it.
- Meanwhile, put the bread crumbs in a plate.
- Make cutlets to the size desired, roll in the crumbs and coat well with the bread crumbs.
- Place on the skillet once the oil is hot.
- Allow the Cutlets to get golden brown on the bottom side.
- Drizzle a little Oil on the top side of the Cutlets before flipping them over.
- Allow the other side to get brown as well.
- Take off the Tawa and serve hot with some chutney or ketchup.
1. Mix the Salt into the mixture when you are ready to make the Cutlets. Salt always tends to make the vegetables sweat and then it will be difficult to form the cutlets. 2. Make the Cutlets and semi-cook them (without Oil) and then freeze them. When ready to eat, semi-thaw and cook with oil. Gives a freash taste and you instantly have snacks or patties.