Recipe type: Kids
Almond, an age-old brain food is here to do wonders for your child. It is rich in beneficial fats, protein, iron and vitamin B2... nutrients that boost brain power. Make it often to keep your kids mentally agile!
- 1 cup blanched almonds (badam)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- A few saffron (kesar) strands mixed with 1 tsp warm water
- 2 tbsp almond (badam) slivers for the garnish
- Combine the almonds along with ¼ cup of milk in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the almond paste and cook over a medium flame while stirring continuously till it turns light pink in colour.
- Add the remaining milk and ¼ cup of water, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron mixture and cook, while stirring continuously till the sugar dissolves and the ghee separates.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.