Apple and Cheese Toasts
Recipe type: Kids
These toasts are sure to delight your little ones' taste buds and gift them a bounty of nutrients! For an interesting twist, cut the toasts diagonally to form triangles just before serving.
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- ½ cup grated apples
- 4 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese for the topping
- 2 tbsp grated carrot for the topping
- Apply ½ tsp butter on each bread slice and keep aside.
- Place the bread slices, with the buttered sides facing upwards, on a clean flat surface and spread 2 tbsp of apples evenly on each slices.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese and 1½ tsp of carrots over each slice and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.