Recipe type: Kids
Crisp, baked multi-flour puris are a great alternative to other fried snacks.
- ¼ cup jowar (white millet) flour
- ¼ cup soya flour
- ¼ cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp grated jaggery (gur), dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into soft dough using a little water.
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions.
- Roll out into thin puris and prick each puri with a fork.
- Arrange the puris on a baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.