Cheese and Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe type: kids
Nutritious whole wheat and oat cookies.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup cheese spread
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper (kalimirch)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Other ingredients
- butter for greasing
- Cream the butter and cheese spread till light and fluffy.
- Add the cumin seeds, black pepper, wheat flour and oats and knead gently into a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet of 6 mm. (1/4") thickness. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut out 12 to 14 circles using a 50 mm. (2") cookie cutter and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 15 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown..
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.