Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao ( Tiffin Treats for Kids )
Recipe type: kids
Cheese, onion and green peas’ pulao, quickly prepared, quickly eaten – a nutritious, delicious pulao that combines kiddie favourite cheese with the right balance of mild spices.
- 1¼ cups long grained rice (basmati)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 25 mm (1") piece cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 clove
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¾ tsp green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- ¾ cup boiled green peas
- ⅓ cup grated processed cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for approx. 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, clove and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light pink in colour.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas, cheese and coriander and mix gently.
- Lower the flame, cover and cook till the rice is done, while stirring continuously.