Jam bread rolls recipe
Recipe type: kids
jam bread rolls - easy to make whole wheat bread rolls stuffed with fig jam.
- 21/2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp fresh yeast or ¾ tsp to 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp organic unrefined cane sugar or 1.5 tbsp regular sugar
- ¼ tsp rock salt
- ¾ cup jam - any fruit jam
- 2 to 3 tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut or as required
- 2 & ½ cups water or as required
- dissolve sugar in warm water.
- stir in the fresh yeast and let the solution sit for 10 mins.
- sieve both the flours and salt.
- add the oil, the yeast solution and knead to a soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- keep the dough covered in a greased bowl for 1 hour or more till doubled.
- if using dry yeast, keep the dough for 1:30 minutes to 2 hours.
- once the dough has leavened, lightly punch the dough and on a lightly floured work surface roll into a rectangle till the width of the bread reaches ¼ to ½ inch.
- spread the jam evenly on the rolled dough.
- roll carefully.
- place the entire log carefully in a greased loaf pan.
- cover and keep aside for 10-15 mins if using fresh yeast and 35-45 minutes for dry yeast.
- bake the bread roll in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes or till the bread is browned. remove on a wire rack and cool. slice the jam bread rolls warm or when cooled.
since different types of flours absorb different amounts of water, add accordingly.