Orange Marmalade ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: kids
Fresh orange juice and rind combine together to make this citrus preserve. Papaya added to jam helps to add bulk to a non-pulpy fruit like orange and also provides pectin which helps to thicken jams and preserves.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup grated raw papaya
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- ¼ cup sugar
- a pinch of citric acid (nimbu ka phool) mixed with 1 tablespoon
- Combine all the ingredients except the citric acid mixture in a large microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 15 minutes stirring once in between.
- Add the citric acid mixture and mix well.
- Cool and store refrigerated in an air-tight container.