strawberry ice cream recipe
Recipe type: kids
eggless strawberry ice cream recipe – easy to make strawberry ice cream without ice cream maker.
- 1 cup full fat whole milk
- ¾ cup cream – 25% to 35% low fat dairy cream (i used amul cream)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 8 tbsp organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar (adjust depending on the sweetness of the strawberries.) *check notes
- whip the milk, cream, chopped strawberries and sugar in a blender till smooth.
- pour this mixture into a ice cream box or container.
- cover and keep in the freezer for the ice cream to set for some hours.
- when the ice cream is almost set or fully set, remove and let it sit at room temperature for some minutes till you can slice it with a knife easily.
- add the ice cream pieces in a blender and whip till the mixture is smooth, creamy and slightly doubled up in volume.
- pour back again in the same container or box and keep in the freezer to set.
- when completely set, serve strawberry ice cream immediately plain or topped with your favorite sauce.
in india, we don’t get sweet tasting strawberries. so i have added 8 tbsp of sugar. adjust the sugar depending on the sweetness of the strawberries.