Wholemeal banana pancakes
Recipe type: Snacks
Wholemeal banana pancakes topped with honey and sliced banana makes a blissful weekend breakfast!
- 2 large bananas
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Honey and reduced-fat passionfruit yoghurt, to serve
- Mash 1 banana in a bowl (see note). Place flour in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine buttermilk, eggs, honey and mashed banana in a jug. Pour into well. Whisk until smooth. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Spoon ¼ cup batter into pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
- Thinly slice remaining banana. Place pancakes on plates. Top with sliced banana, honey and yoghurt. Serve.
You'll need ½ cup mashed banana.