Cajun chicken with mango salsa
Recipe type: Curries
Team Cajun chicken breasts with vibrant mango salsa to create a complete mid-week meal.
- 4 (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- mango salsa
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs finely shredded fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Use a knife to score thickest part of each chicken breast, skin-side up, at 2cm intervals. Combine oil, salt, garlic and onion powders, oregano, thyme, paprika, cayenne and black pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down first, for 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, cut mango cheeks close to seed and peel away skin. Finely chop. Combine in a bowl with avocado, capsicum, onion, lime juice and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with salsa and salad leaves.