Chicken kathi roll
Recipe type: Curries
Chicken kathi roll is a snack dish. It is easy to make and can be served on special occasions. Chicken kathi roll tastes best when taken with mint or coriander chutney and onion rings. Here is an easy chicken kathi roll recipe to helpyou prepare the dish.
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 egg whites
- 2 atta phulkas or whole wheat leavened bread
- 3 tsp oil
- sliced onions and Juliennes of pepper to garnish
- Tikka Mixture
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 150 gm chicken tikka
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves(dhaniya patte)
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- oil to shallow fry
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt and chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- sliced onions
- juliennes of pepper
- cottage cheese-optional
- Take egg, remove the York and mix the egg whites with the coriander.
- Put oil in a non stick pan and heat it.
- Dip each phulka into the egg white, mix and place on the pan one at a time till it turns its colour. Keep aside.
- For the tikka mixture:
- Take the prepared chicken tikka and cut it into strips.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder and green chillies.
- Now, add the chicken tikka strips, sliced onions and pepper juliennes.
- Cook a little and add chopped coriander.
- Divide the tikka mixture between the 2 atta phulkas and roll them.
- Chicken tikka is ready to be serve with mint chutney and salad.