Crispy Fish and Peppers
Recipe type: Curries
Crispy fish,its a very easy recipe to make at home.enjoy ur weekend with this tasty,mouth watering one.
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen (thawed) small fish fillets (such as grouper, catfish, or tilapia)
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced and/or chopped miniature sweet peppers
- 1 lemon, cut up
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and Cajun seasoning. Place flour in another shallow dish. Dip fish in buttermilk and flour. Repeat to coat fish twice.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high Heat. Carefully add fish to hot oil (working in batches, if necessary). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Add more oil, if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain oil from skillet; wipe clean with paper towel. Add peppers to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Serve fish with peppers and lemon. Makes 4 servings.